I rarely get a full night's rest and typically wake up groggy. This is due to several reasons:
- Bella makes a lot of noise at night. For whatever reason, she is the itchiest when we are trying to sleep. I have her bed next to my side so that I can nudge her throughout the night in an attempt to make her stop before The Hubby notices.
- I try not to move too much in order to keep from disturbing The Hubby because I know that his sleep is more valuable than my own since he works and I just lounge all day. The Hubby told me to stop worrying about this, but I can't seem to help it.
- He hogs the bed and I'm left with my little corner.
- The Hubby talks in his sleep. Some of the award winners include: "We can't cross until everyone else does. We aren't the only ones in this room!","dismount artillery", and (my personal favorite) "FUCK!" At least he isn't as bad as the Sleep Talkin' Man.
- He hits me in his sleep, typically in the face. One time he elbowed me so hard in the nose that he woke up from the impact. I proceeded to groan loudly in a fetal position. The next day, we went shopping.
I am also to blame though because my bladder is equivalent to one of a mouse. And whenever I return from yet another trip to the bathroom, he is spread out a little more than when I left him.I told my newly engaged friend, Belinda, to get a king size bed if they have room for it. I once believed that such a large bed would be detrimental to intimacy, but a well-rested couple is a happy couple.
Our backs are also turned against each other and we have a pillow barrier in between us. I promise we still love each other though. It's just a precaution so that I don't smother him in his sleep the next time his arm jerks and hits me in the spine or my already flat Asian nose.