Wednesday, August 18, 2010

On Why Naps are Necessary

I have a confession to make. Although I immediately miss The Hubby as soon as he crawls out of bed at 0500 for work, I also welcome it. I quickly sprawl out, arrange all of our four pillows to my liking, and doze off into a deep slumber.

I rarely get a full night's rest and typically wake up groggy. This is due to several reasons:
  1. Bella makes a lot of noise at night. For whatever reason, she is the itchiest when we are trying to sleep. I have her bed next to my side so that I can nudge her throughout the night in an attempt to make her stop before The Hubby notices.
  2. I try not to move too much in order to keep from disturbing The Hubby because I know that his sleep is more valuable than my own since he works and I just lounge all day. The Hubby told me to stop worrying about this, but I can't seem to help it.
  3. He hogs the bed and I'm left with my little corner.
  4. The Hubby talks in his sleep. Some of the award winners include: "We can't cross until everyone else does. We aren't the only ones in this room!","dismount artillery", and (my personal favorite) "FUCK!" At least he isn't as bad as the Sleep Talkin' Man.
  5. He hits me in his sleep, typically in the face. One time he elbowed me so hard in the nose that he woke up from the impact. I proceeded to groan loudly in a fetal position. The next day, we went shopping.
I am also to blame though because my bladder is equivalent to one of a mouse. And whenever I return from yet another trip to the bathroom, he is spread out a little more than when I left him.
I told my newly engaged friend, Belinda, to get a king size bed if they have room for it. I once believed that such a large bed would be detrimental to intimacy, but a well-rested couple is a happy couple.

Our backs are also turned against each other and we have a pillow barrier in between us. I promise we still love each other though. It's just a precaution so that I don't smother him in his sleep the next time his arm jerks and hits me in the spine or my already flat Asian nose.

3 comments:

Spencer said...

lol 4 and 5 are good. what size is the bed anyways?

Min said...

The bed is a queen.

Rebecca said...

hahahaha F