Thursday, August 5, 2010

This is What Love Looks Like!

Proposition 8 was overturned yesterday in California. I'm not going to go deep into the politics of it, but I would like to express just how happy I am of this news.

I'm not religious, I don't care about how this affects taxes, or whatever else those against same-sex marriage argue. I don't believe that this will lead to people wanting to marry objects, animals, family members, or the underage.

I do believe, however, that everyone has the right to marry the person that they love.

Let's put this in a different perspective. My marriage to The Hubby would have been illegal just 43 years ago in the United States simply because we are an interracial couple. Can you believe that? It just takes time for people to see the changes that need to be made.

That's all I wanted to say. Looking forward to attending some future happy weddings!

No comments: