Friday, November 19, 2010

Let's Make: Nutella Waffles

The Hubby texted me at 0400 Wednesday morning to pick him up. He ended up sleeping most of the day, but I interrupted his beauty rest by waking him up for breakfast. I was afraid that he would catch me in my shenanigans when the UPS man rang the doorbell and Bella started barking, but he had no clue.

I made him scrambled eggs with mozzarella cheese, turkey sausage, and Nutella waffles. It looks really unimpressive, but let me assure you that it was delicious.


There is already a Nutella waffle recipe online, but I did not want to use buttermilk. Here is the recipe I used, which I adjusted from this one. You can easily add extra Nutella and chocolate chips for an extra sweet breakfast. I substituted the milk for almond milk.


My original plan was breakfast in bed, but waffles are not easy to serve because of all the extra condiments. I brought this entire tray to him and he decided to eat it at the table instead. It's the thought that counts!



*Paper elements from Pugly Pixel

1 comment:

Spencer said...

holy crap...i want to try that...but im too lazy to lol