Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Let's Make: Orzo and Rice!

Can I share with you my absolute favorite non-dessert recipe? I have to specify that this is a recipe that does not include any sugar or chocolate because that is all I tend to post on here. I made this for dinner one night as a last minute thing, not even knowing what orzo pasta was supposed to taste like, and it was a huge success. 

This recipe for orzo and rice was adapted from one I found online. I adjusted it to our tastes by adding garlic powder, some more chicken bouillon, crab meat, broccoli and a light sprinkle of black pepper. This dish tastes incredibly creamy, even with only two tablespoons of butter in it and no milk or cream. 


Please, I beg of you, try this on your own one evening. It will only take twenty five minutes and the ingredients are cheap. It can be paired perfectly with chicken or eaten as a meal on its own. The Hubby and I always scrape our bowls and the pot clean. I go hungry during the day so that I can gobble my orzo and rice dinner down.


I can't wait to eat this again...

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

oooh i love orzo! i shall try this soon