Saturday, February 26, 2011

Minzilla Mouse

During our trip to Disney World last October, I spotted the most adorable Minnie Mouse apron. It was over $20 so I refused to make The Hubby buy it. 


Who knew I would be able to make one on my own? Unfortunately, the polka dots are a smaller size, but it's still plenty cute. And since this apron is only my fourth project where I had to start completely from scratch, I'm pretty proud of the results. 


Excuse the silly MySpace-esque shot. This is why I need The Hubby around. Or at least a tripod.


I used a tutorial on how to gather fabric into ruffles and followed a fat quarter apron tutorial from Prudent Baby as a reference. It took two days, but it was well worth it.


I'm going to try to attempt to recreate this $32 Tea-And-Crumpets Apron from Anthropologie. Think I've got a shot?

1 comment:

Rebecca L. said...

thanks again for the apron!!! i've already used it :)

and your hair looks blue!