Thursday, February 3, 2011

Oh F*ck Wank Bugger Sh*tting Arse Headed Hole

I can't believe that back in December I complained about the cold. That was pansy stuff. It has been in the 20's here, but with wind chill it feels much much colder. In order to last more than a few seconds outside, I have to wear tights under my jeans, socks over the tights, fur lined boots, four layers of clothing, a scarf, and some gloves. This morning, I stood outside for no more than fifteen minutes and I felt as if my fingers and ears were going to fall off. The title of this post is exactly what I wanted to express at that moment.

There has been rolling blackouts all over Texas because of heaters working overtime. Shelters have been set up for people without power just for them to stay warm. What kind of place am I in?!


There were snow flurries on Tuesday and we all ran out to "enjoy" it. The snowflakes did not cover anything on the ground. The Hubby laughed at me when I called it "lame snow" because really it was useless. Bella seemed to be excited about it, but I think it was only because her humans were all out there with her.



There was ice on the streets and I had to tread carefully when I took out the trash today. All grass and plants have died here in Texas, which was really surprising for us because we were so used to seeing green all year long. I at first thought that we were the reason why everything was dying, but then I looked down the street and saw that all the houses were in the same state.


Luckily, we have a wonderful foot warmer.


Lighting a fire in our house does very little in heating the house. I had tried to refrain from turning on our heater because it is so expensive to run, but then one day I literally saw my breath while sitting on the couch. Madness! We tried to heat up the house on Tuesday, but our heater could not get above 65 degrees no matter how long it ran so we just turned it off and hid in our bedroom.


This picture was taken when we lit our first fire in December. Bella looked so comfortable by the hearth that I just had to join her. The second time we had a fire going was two weekends ago when The Hubby's family was over and it was somewhat disastrous. We had put out the fire before going to bed, but it started to smolder again on its own and our smoke alarm went off in the middle of the night. It has taken weeks for the smell to go away. I don't think I'll be lighting any fires on my own.


My extremely domesticated and spoiled dog stuck her head out last night when we tried to get her to go potty outside, but she immediately turned around and would not even put a paw out. We tried again a few minutes later and the following video is the result of that. The Hubby ended up going outside with her without a jacket on. As he was about to sneak back inside, she looked over her shoulder while squatting to keep an eye on him.

"If I have to be out here, then you do, too!"-Bella


Doggy burrito.


And I know I shouldn't be complaining because others have it worse right now, but I was not built for this! Thank goodness I have Bella.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

"All grass and plants have died here in Texas"

-saddest thing ever