Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Good Deed #2

I watch my friend's dog, Penny, just about every week for at least a couple of days. I don't get paid, nor do I expect anything in return. I do it simply because I know she is in need of help and I am happy to do what I can to make her life a little bit easier.

But this also means a lot more barking, squeaking, and early mornings. And double the puppy cuteness!

When I have to leave the house and run some errands, I lock Penny in the laundry room and Bella in her kennel in a separate room. While I unlock Bella's cage and let her out, Penny barks in a somewhat aggressive manner that is both annoying and frightening. Penny has a tendency to bark at other dogs as if to say, "shut up!" while Bella just barks when she doesn't get what she wants.

Ignore all that mess on the ground. Those are remnants of Bella's blanket that used to line her kennel...that I probably should pick up before TH comes home.



I need an Advil. Thankfully, the unbearable Texas heat is beginning to set in and all they want to do is sleep on the cool hardwood floors of the living room.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

It seems like they want to outdo each other. It's so cute!