Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Drink Your Vegetables

I dislike most vegetables. I enjoy broccoli, carrots and romaine lettuce for my daily salads, but that's about it. So when I saw my friend's new food blog featuring smoothies with veggies mixed in, I was slightly disgusted. Why would you ruin a perfectly good smoothie by adding leaves?

However, The Hubby is coming home soon for his R&R and I have spent hours searching for Paleo friendly recipes to suit his new diet. "Green smoothies" continued to pop up so I decided to finally try to make on myself. I found one from The Diva Dish that looked promising and gave it a shot. 


Ingredients (adjusted from The Diva Dish): 1 cup orange juice, 3/4 cup vanilla almond milk, 2 cups baby spinach, 1 heaping cup frozen peaches, 4 ice cubes, 1 tbsp. honey

Method: Blend the sucker until it's the right consistency... I love our Ninja.


The first sip definitely tasted slightly like grass, but after you get over the initial shock of vegetables in your smoothie, it's actually quite delicious. Since this green attempt was a success, I think I'm going to make more of these more often. It's also quite filling! I have definitely changed my opinion on green drinks.

I want to try this vegan mint chocolate chip ice cream (made with spinach!) soon. Doesn't it look absolutely delicious?



No comments: