Monday, September 5, 2011

Cooler Weather

It has been HOT HOT HOT here in Texas. We broke some heat records this summer and our electricity bill has been outrageous. I've been living in short shorts and a sports bra in order to be comfortable enough without blasting the air conditioning 24/7. There has also been a terrible drought and water restrictions in combination with the heat has killed our grass. 

It was such a welcome change when I opened the back door this morning and felt a nice breeze instead of awful heat and humidity. Bella hates being outdoors on hot days, but today she spent some time catching some sweet rays and catching a whiff of winds carrying the smell of fires nearby. 


While I was spying on Bella through the window, I captured this video of her trying to catch a fly that was circling her head. Isn't she adorable? 


That barking you hear is Guinness guarding the backyard. When Bella wants to come back indoors she is not polite about it. She looks like a monster in the picture below. All of those marks on the glass door is from wet noses of impatient dogs.



1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I LOVE THAT VIDEO OF BELLA. I WANT A F___ING DOG