Thursday, March 29, 2012

They Really Do



I've been going through a fit of sadness lately and it's been difficult to shake it. I had an especially bad day on Monday where Bella ate two bags of Easter chocolate and puked all over our new rug (she's fine now and has finally stopped puking) and I stabbed myself accidentally with a knife while cutting potatoes for dinner. The next day I was extremely klutzy and dropped bowls, broke picture frames, ran into still objects, the works. The Hubby has been so sweet to me and I haven't even been working so awful students aren't bringing me down.

But I think what really has been bothering me is hearing some nasty comments about a company party I am planning as a FRG Leader. I've been stressing about it for months and have basically done all the planning on my own. It's basically a celebration for the families and Soldiers after a long deployment with free food, Easter egg hunts, door raffle prizes, and I even hired a photographer so families can take portraits together.

It was all going great until people started complaining about how they are being forced to go to a party.

A) It's not mandatory and you don't have to go if you don't want to.
B) I don't know why you wouldn't want to go and get free food.
C) I didn't even have to plan anything, but I wanted to show my appreciation for you.
D) I worked damn hard.
E) Please, take this title away from me if you think you can do a better job. I don't want it.

Being a FRG Leader is really thankless sometimes. I enjoy helping others in any way that I can, but such horrible attitude that I encounter every now and then really ruins it. There is so much behind the scenes work that I do that most people are unaware of. I'm talking hours and hours of work. I'm sure that no one will think to thank me or the other hard working ladies at the party. All they will be thinking about is how they are being "forced" to have "mandatory fun."

In this unpaid job, you can never please everyone. You're always doing too much or too little. The thing is, I've always tried really hard to get everyone to like me.

So that's why I haven't been posting lately. I've had the time, but haven't been in the mood. I'm working today for the first time in a week. I'm hoping these high schoolers choose to behave today...or that I choose to care less in order to save myself emotionally.

Here's to a better day!



3 comments:

Debbie said...

Haters gon' hate. Frankly, they can all fuck off.

Some people don't feel alive unless they're bitching about something because either they have nothing positive in their lives or they can't recognize it.

Chin up, buttercup, because once the pictures come out of this amazing event, these ugly and soul-stained naysayers will wish they had a piece of that action.

Shirley said...

Aww, I wish more FRG leaders were like you and cared. You are awesome!

chris said...

:(