Thursday, May 3, 2012

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

The Hubby and I are super mature. This was our conversation from last night:


The Hubby: [randomly] You're a Rattata
Me: I don't know what that is, but you better apologize before I look it up!
TH: RATTATA!
Me: No! I don't want to be Rattata!
TH: Fine. You're a Snorlax!
Me: HAHAHAHAHAHA! 
TH: [proceeds to imitate playing a Pokeflute with his fingers and hums the Snorlax song]

Me: [collapses on floor, laughing]

I'm not even upset by this comparison to Snorlax. According to Bulbapedia, the Pokemon version of Wiki, "Snorlax's body is composed of mostly its belly, where most of its fat reserves accumulate. It wakes up only to eat and seldom exercises...Snorlax spend the majority of their time sleeping, surviving on their stored fat. Many Snorlax only awaken once a month, spending their waking time finding more food." 


source
Likes to sleep? Check. Seldom exercises? Stores fat in belly? Check and check. Loves food? Oh, yes.
source


Here are the characteristics of a Rattata: "Rattata is a small, quadruped, but unspecialized rodent. Its most notable feature is its large teeth...Rattata have a fast metabolism. As a result, it spends most of its fast-paced life looking for food. "


The commonality is a love of food. Sounds about right.


We continued the conversation today:


The Hubby: Hey, Rattata!
Me: I thought I was Snorlax?
TH: No, you're a Rattata. 
Me: Well, you're a...a...A JIGGLYPUFF!
TH: [clearly offended] No way! If anything, I'm a Machamp


source


Me: What's a Machamp? [Google shows me that it's some ridiculously muscular Pokemon] Hey! How come you get to be Machamp and I'm still Rattata? No, you're Jigglypuff.
TH: I'm nothing like Jigglypuff. Fine. You can be Mewtwo. He f*cks sh*t up!
Me: Okay, then. What's Bella?
TH: She can be Arcanine. Actually, Ninetales. She looks regal. 


source

2 comments:

Spencer said...

how can you not know the first 151 pokemon??

Min said...

Sadly, this is like the second time you've asked me this question.