Sunday, July 1, 2012

Amateur Photog

When The Hubby gifted me with a fancy camera for our anniversary, I was excited to start taking amazing pictures. I traded sewing lessons for photography lessons from a friend who took The Hubby's homecoming photos last December. She taught me how to adjust the aperture, shutter speed, lenses, ISO, and focus on my camera manually. I was ready to go!

But I have been pretty disappointed by my pictures. The quality of some of my photos looked as if I took on them my old point and shoot camera. I told my friend that maybe photography just isn't for me. She then showed me how a little editing on Adobe Photoshop Lightroom  goes a long way. 

Here are a couple of pictures I took at a friend's birthday party for her beautiful daughter. The picture below is straight out of my camera with no editing. It's one of my favorites from the 300+ I took from that afternoon. The lighting is terrible, but at least I got the focus right.


Here is the same picture, but edited a bit on iPhoto. I made the picture brighter, adjusted shadows, highlights, and contrast. Much better, no?


Here is the picture again, but edited further on Adobe Photoshop Lightroom. The picture is completely transformed! It only appears slightly grainy because I couldn't transfer the file onto my friend's laptop so she had to download a lesser quality picture from my Facebook album.


Here's another one of the sweet birthday girl and her dad.


The same picture, but in black and white, really makes an impact and helps tell the story.


I'm convinced that I need this photo editing software. Teachers and students get a heavy discount, but not the military. Too bad I quit my job! At least Adobe offers a 30-day free trial so I can play around with it for the next month. Bella girl, you've never looked so good.



No comments: