Sunday, April 28, 2013

You Are Already Home



It's remarkable how easily we've been able to adjust to living in a brand new place in such a short period of time. The Hubby knew all the routes to the gym within the first week. We've already found our favorite restaurant in the area, a hole in the wall Thai food place with the most authentic dishes. All of our household goods were in their right place by day two in our new house, down to our junk drawer in the kitchen. Bella has figured out where all the trash cans are and digs in them any chance she gets.

I've even started a new job at a local orthodontics office. I'm currently training to be a treatment coordinator/front desk person/safety and privacy officer. It's a lot of information to take in, but thankfully my last job in Texas has prepared me well for all of this. I miss my coworkers and patients immensely and think of them often. 

I miss Austin and all of the amazing food I got to eat every weekend. I miss my friends and hate that I have to make new ones. 

The worst part about moving is learning the area all over again. My sense of direction is absolutely terrible. It's so bad that my husband is in awe of my inability to navigate. It is the reason why I cannot play any video games that do not simply go across the screen in one direction. I still can't find my way to work without getting turned around. It's pathetic, really.

But if that's the worst part of my adjustment period then I really have it easy. Home truly is where you feel love, and my husband and little yellow dog show me plenty of that.



No comments: