Wednesday, September 12, 2012

5 Things

1) I'm slowly losing my mind. Evidence of this:

a) During my lunch break, I hurried home to let Bella out to potty. I knew I only had ten minutes to spend at home before driving back to work. I pulled into the driveway and was frustrated that the garage opener was not working. I parked my car and ran out to put in the security code for the garage, only to find that it was no longer there. I then realized that I had pulled into the wrong street and was at the wrong house. I hope nobody saw me.
b) I grabbed conditioner instead of shampoo and tempura batter instead of panko breadcrumbs at the grocery store.
c) I completely forgot to go to my morning meeting yesterday at work. Luckily, no one seemed to mind.

2) Neither Hubby nor I had time to let Bella out today during lunch. We fully expected to find the house in disarray, but I came home to find that everything was still intact and that Bella did not have any accidents in the house. I can't express how proud I am of this!

Also, what does it mean when people automatically share the Dogshaming tumblr with me when they first discover it. Oh, wait. They must have seen these posts.

3) The tumblr Marry My Asian Daughter reminds me how fortunate I am to be happily married already.

4) Obama's campaign team is really reaching the youth and their focus on minorities and women has really hit me. Plus, how good was my favorite First Lady at the Democratic National Convention? I loved Bill Clinton's quote on how he wants to marry "a man who had the good sense to marry Michelle Obama."



In order to make sure I wasn't completely biased, I took a quiz on the site iSideWith.com, which shows you which candidate you side with based on what you think of important issues. It also opened conversation between Hubby and I about politics, something we've never really got into before.

5) Hubby and I just watched the finale for one of our favorite reality shows, Master Chef. In the end, a blind Vietnamese woman named Christine Ha won the title. Listen to her NPR interview here and be inspired.

P.S. Is it strange that Hubby and I automatically root for Asians on reality shows? However, when it comes to the Olympics, it's AMERICA ALL THE WAY!

No comments: