Sunday, July 10, 2011

Harry Potter (Said in British Accent)


Besides a steady paycheck and "free" healthcare, watching the last of the Harry Potter movie series six days before the official opening day is the best thing I have gotten out of The Hubby being in the Army.

And it was awesome. Like really awesome. It evoked emotions in me I didn't think I had for Harry, Hermione and Ron. The film ended with me satisfied, and yet completely depressed for the rest of the day. I didn't want it to end. 

I was seated next to a little boy who drew a lightning bolt scar on his forehead and wore a Gryffindor tie. I asked him if he was a big Harry fan and he shook his head and mumbled, "No." Little liar. Then he grabbed a piece of paper and put it in front of his face and shielded himself from me. Maybe I should never have any kids.

I was crying before events even occurred because I am very familiar with the novels. The little boy cried, too! I need to watch this movie in the comfort of my own home by myself so that I can truly bawl without concern of doing the ugly cry or my mascara running.

P.S. I had forgotten to take a picture of my ticket before I handed it over. I went back afterwards and asked for a ticket so that I could have a souvenir, but really I wanted to take a picture of it so that I could blog about it. I was just too embarrassed to tell him. You see what I do for you, readers? All five of you?

4 comments:

Joana said...

"Besides a steady paycheck and "free" healthcare, watching the last of the Harry Potter movie series six days before the official opening day is the best thing I have gotten out of The Hubby being in the Army."

That quote made me laugh! I am torn because I want to see HP on the big screen but I also want to wait till Kyle gets home to watch it with him for the first time. Quite a dilemma, obviously.

Shirley said...

I am super jealous! Glad you had a great time <3

Min said...

@Joana: I bet Kyle will get a bootleg copy before he gets back. And it'll be just as good the second time around.

@Shirley: Thanks! It was a nice treat.

Mimi and CC Cabana said...

Said with a British accent, it's "Aery Po-tah". My daughters would be so jealous that you already got to see it! They have grown up along with Harry, reading these books. My older daughter re-read the whole series this summer so she could really remember and grasp everything for this final film. It's the end of an era.

That little boy sounds so cute! He was bashful in front of you!