Monday, January 23, 2012

Good Deed #4

Source: flickr.com via Min on Pinterest


The Hubby and I were circling the Ikea parking lot on a Sunday afternoon (not recommended) when we came across a woman struggling to place a heavy box in her trunk. Her toddler son was looking on as she tried to get a good grip on her new furniture.

I told my husband that I was going to get out of the car and help her and right away he replied with: "You should do it!"

I ran up to her and asked if she needed my assistance and she was so incredibly grateful.

This reminds me of the time my sister and I went to Ikea and struggled to place an eight-piece drawer set on our cart. So many people passed by us and watched us, but no one helped. How hard is it to lend a hand?

1 comment:

Mimi and CC Cabana said...

You're right, it's so easy to just look the other way, but then not really all that difficult to lend a hand. I've never heard of Minor Myers Jr, but that's a very nice placard.