Friday, March 4, 2011

First Tote Bag

I found this great shop not too far from my house called Quiltin' Country where I discovered this adorable animal fabric. It's from Kate Spain's Central Park collection, and it was just dying to be made into a tote bag. 


I followed this reversible tote bag tutorial from Skip to My Lou. The directions are really easy, but it still took me hours. Make sure to have the straps inside the bag at step six like it is pictured. I had them out at step seven, and it caused a huge problem when I had to turn them out.


Bella shows her sniff of approval.

2 comments:

caitlin said...

you're doing great with your sewing. i need to get my SM out and play with it!

Min said...

Thanks, Caitlin! It's great fun and I'm so happy to have something new to keep me busy.