Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Snot and Stuff

Source: weheartit.com via Min on Pinterest


I'm taking a sick leave from working out and dieting (although it's really hard for me to stop counting calories). I've removed the possibility of it just being allergies, and have determined that it is a full-blown cold. I look and feel like crap.

You know what's worse than being sick? Being alone and sick because then you don't have anyone to guilt into doing the dishes, making dinner, or feeding the dog. But at least you can get away with not showering for longer or the two large pimples that have magically appeared on your chin.

I really just want to pop a couple of Tylenol PMs and knock out for the entire day, but I don't think the two pups would be too fond of that. For the past week, I have been frightened awake by loud barks at around 0500. Penny is ten times more alert than Bella is so she barks at EVERYTHING.

And there is a lot of noise in an Army neighborhood starting early each day because a soldier does not have the normal 9-5 job. And more noise at 0800 from kids walking to their bus stop. Needless to say, I have had a hard time getting some rest around here.

But on a happier note, my best friend Tiffany has been accepted into UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine, only the second ranked vet school in the nation. You know, no biggie. Congrats, Tiff! You worked your ass off and have the battle scars of dealing with frightened cats and dogs to prove it. Free vet exams for life for us, yo!

Also, I have worked a total of maybe seven hours on my own not-$32-Anthropologie apron and it's looking good. I plan on finishing it up today if my body can take it so look for results soon. If you don't see any pictures of a new apron up then I probably just failed miserably, and you should forget I mentioned it at all, capiche?

And I'm off to get some groceries because I'm all out of fruit and butter, two staples in my life. I hope I don't run into anyone I know as I do not plan to brush my hair or put on any makeup. Just be happy that I'll at least throw on a bra.

No comments: