Sunday, April 22, 2012

Woman vs. Food

The Hubby and I were talking about how we haven't been to Round Rock Donuts in ages. It's my favorite donut place in Texas. They just melt in your mouth. Hubby claims that there's no way I would be able to eat a dozen on my own. Well you know what I say to that? CHALLENGE ACCEPTED. I once ate 3/4 of an entire apple pie on my own, no problem. That's like five apples and a bazillion cups of sugar. 

Source: 9e3k.tumblr.com via Min on Pinterest

We picked up some Shipley Do-Nuts to train with this morning. They're pretty darn good, but not anywhere close to the magic that is a Round Rock Donut. 

Glaze droppings from a bear claw on my lap. I'm so attractive.


I'm not sure when I'll do this challenge, but my stubborn ass wants to do it simply because Hubby thinks I can't. I promise I'll start exercising again soon...

P.S. Hubby saw me writing this post and doubted my donut eating abilities again. "No way. You're not really going to do this, are you? You couldn't even finish your boneless wings today." First of all, of course I couldn't finish 1/2 pound of chicken drenched in buffalo sauce on my own. Secondly, apples and oranges. How can you even possibly compare chicken wings to donuts?

P.P.S. Hubby's entire family has been doing P90X madness. Hubby himself works out like three times a day and NEVER cheats on his diet. And Nana, Hubby's grandmother, has just been named as a World Champion Silver Medalist in weightlifting.

Congrats, Nana!

Me? I'm double fisting bear claws and ridiculously proud of the fact that I got the last maple iced donut in the store. 


1 comment:

Spencer said...

wow... am i reading that right? you ate donuts to prepare to eat donuts? hahaha i gotta say I'm with hubs on this one