Saturday, May 26, 2012

For the Love of Chevron (and a Bow Tie)

I've been keeping myself fairly busy recently since quitting my job. I basically lock myself in my craft room and sew away. I found this awesome gray chevron fabric at Hobby Lobby in the clearance bin for about $4 for 3/4 a yard, which is such a steal. I used it to make a cell phone wallet to have while I'm on the go.


I've seen these adorable wallets before on Etsy and at the Renegade Craft Fair, but $22 is a little too steep for me. I found this great tutorial for an organizer wallet by LBG Studio and adjusted it so that I had extra slots for credit cards and a little hook for keys or a wristlet.



I'm in love with it! It was definitely a more challenging project for me, but when I made a second one for a friend I was able to finish the project in two hours from start to finish. I'll have to make a sturdier wristlet than the one I have now. I wasn't able to do the topstitching on it because the fabric was too thick to fit under my foot. Any suggestions on that would be most welcome!


I also made a pillow case for my craft room chair out of the chevron print fabric. The Hubby makes fun of my love for all things chevron. It looks tons better than my first pillow case. I think it's because I used a fuller pillow form (50 cents at a garage sale, brand new!). This tutorial was really straightforward and the measurements were spot on. 


I also made a fabric bow tie attachment for a dog collar for a friend by following this tutorial. Bella was just a model for the bow. I think she looks like a boy. If you can't make your own, Etsy has several adorable options.


I'm sorry this has recently become a craft blog. I guess that's my true passion!

No comments: