Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Last Weekend

This past weekend basically consisted of a lot of sitting and eating.


I failed the donut challenge. Since one Texas Size Donut from Round Rock Donuts is the equivalent of a dozen donuts I thought it would be easier to tackle one giant thing rather than twelve donuts. After the first bite I decided that I didn't really want to do it. I finished half of it and probably could have finished the entire thing if I truly pushed myself, but who would that benefit? We won't be having donuts again for a long long time.


Our television wasn't working properly so The Hubby and I played a lot of video games. I am absolutely terrible at three dimensional games. At least I've finally learned how to get myself out of a corner instead of running into it repeatedly. There are attack dogs in the game and the first time I saw The Hubby snap a poor puppy's neck in the game I almost started crying.


We traveled to a nearby town called Salado which has antique shops, little boutiques, and wineries. Unfortunately, everything was highly overpriced. Our little bag of candy full of gummies, yogurt covered pretzels, and sour candies cost over $7! 


Martin and Lola will be house guests for awhile. There's been a lot of sleeping around here.


Instead of going to our usual farmers market we tried the one in Round Rock on Sunday morning. There were no seats so we sat in the trunk of our Subaru eating our tamales and spinach paratha. I made that red and white cover myself to protect the back seats from Bella's fur. Even The Hubby admitted that it looks professional because it fits perfectly. Too bad it's really girly.

Last year we discovered the Summer Classic Film Series at the Paramount Theater and watched The Grapes of Wrath and Breakfast at Tiffany's. This year we watched To Kill a Mockingbird. It's amazing to see these films on the big screen.


Our new favorite place to eat is at the original Whole Foods Market. It's enormous and there are so many options to choose from. We love the fresh ingredients and their sandwiches are very reasonably priced. They also had the best tater tots we've ever eaten. 

1 comment:

Mimi and CC Cabana said...

I LOVE To Kill a Mockingbird. I recently watched a documentary about the author, Harper Lee. It was a bit sad because that's the only book she ever finished.

Those donuts and tater tots--I want some right now!

How fun to have a couple doggy friends for a few days. Nice to have them come, nice to have them go.