Thursday, June 28, 2012

You're Lucky You're Cute

I've been having trouble sleeping through the night this week. I finally slept soundly last night until I had a dream that Bella was on the bed next to me, licking herself raw. She does this sometimes when her allergies are acting up and the sound of her tongue always wakes me. It's highly annoying when you're trying to get your beauty sleep.

Nudging her usually works when I don't have the spray bottle nearby. So, naturally, I nudged her. Only it wasn't Bella. It was my sleeping husband who I thought was her. I did not realize my mistake until I had already pushed him. I waited to see his reaction, but he stayed perfectly still. Phew!


The Hubby's alarm typically sounds at 0445. More often than not, I don't even realize he's getting ready for work until he comes over and kisses me goodbye. He then tells Bella to sleep next to me to keep me company. Today was slightly different though.

I heard The Hubby rummaging through all the drawers in the house and lots of car doors slamming in the garage. "I can't find my wallet. Can you take me to work?" It is the crack of dawn. Actually, it's pre crack of dawn since it is still pitch black out. I crawl out of bed with eye crusties, morning breath and untamed hair and get in the car at 0525.

"You're lucky you're cute," I remark.

I don't particularly mind driving The Hubby to work. It's the ridiculous traffic that is a struggle. What is typically a fifteen minute drive turns into a forty minute trek to his office during morning traffic. In order to get on post, you must go through the gates and show identification. When you get hundreds of Soldiers in separate cars driving on one road, all trying to get to the same place at the same time, it is disastrous.

You have people driving off road and creating their own lanes. The stop lights only stay green for literally twenty seconds. People become desperate when trying to get to work on time for formation. I had a car cut in front of me when I had maybe five feet between the vehicle in front of me and my front bumper. The asshole driver had created their own lane to cut in front of me and I was in disbelief. I don't even think of honking because I am in such utter shock.

"I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me. I just think to myself how instead of going home I'll just follow the jerk, wait for him to get out of his car, and ask him what he was thinking cutting me off."

At this point, all you can do is laugh at the stupidity of everyone else. I know that drivers in California get a bad reputation. You should see the kind of crap people pull here in Texas.

Even though I like to keep a respectable distance between myself and the car in front of me, I just could not risk it with these insane drivers around me. I wonder how much gasoline I wasted by accelerating and stopping every 200 feet.

The Hubby made it to work ten minutes late, running inside in his flip flops because he had left his sneakers in the office. "Found my wallet! Love you baby!"

On the way home, I witnessed Frogger: Soldier Edition. If those guys weren't required to wear reflective vests, I would have hit a lot of people. Stop sprinting in front of cars, people!

He's lucky he's cute.

2 comments:

Mimi and CC Cabana said...

I'm a light sleeper, too, and the sound of Cabana licking is enough to wake me up as well. But what's with the hubs? Lost wallet, forgotten shoes...!

Min said...

Hubby is always losing his things. He can't seem to keep anything in the same place, which means I have to get up at 5am to help him on his search.