Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Padded Purse

Although I already have a great camera bag, I don't like the idea of carrying it around. To me, a camera bag shouts, "Steal me now!" I've seen other bloggers convert regular purses into camera bags so I decided to do the same. 


I found this purse at TJ Maxx. A lot of things make this purse perfect for holding my camera. It's shaped pretty much the same as my real camera bag and is about equal in size. I looked for something with a shoulder strap and made sure that it was flat so that it's comfortable for long trips. I also looked at the stitching to see if it looked sturdy.


I trimmed some leftover foam padding I had that Bella tore up last month to fit my purse. I then sewed fabric around the pieces. Because the padding is so thick (about 1.5"), I feel really confident carrying my camera around to more places.


Want to make your own? Check out these tutorials from Vanilla & Lace and this no-sew one from The Crafted Sparrow. You could also wing it like I did.

P.S. This is what my camera strap cover looks like. You can bet that I made this about an hour after The Hubby gave me my camera. (Tutorial here.)


No comments: