Monday, October 4, 2010

Thinking About Christmas

The Hubby and I are already discussing our holiday travel plans. The Army will give us about two weeks off. What a treat! 

Can you believe it is that time already? This year has truly flown by quickly. I don't know if it is because this year has been full of changes or because The Hubby's deployment is looming over our heads. 

Either way, we cant wait to head home. By the time we get back, it will be a year since my husband has been able to be back in California and nine months for me. The longest I have ever been away from my family was two weeks for The Hubby's USMA graduation last year. Oh, how wonderful it will be to taste my grandmother's food again!

Our main concern was whether or not we were going to take a plane or car back home. Making plans would be so much easier to travel if Bella was the size of a toy poodle, but instead she is a seventy pound horse of a dog. 


Below is a pro/con list of driving from Texas to California instead of flying. 

The obvious choice is to take a road trip as the pros outweigh the cons. I hate being in the car for extended periods of time, but the idea of not spending $35 a night to board Bella in a decently nice place or go through another pet shipping fiasco will ease my pain. And at least the car will be less cramped than our last road trip from Georgia.


Time to stock up on books on CD, snacks and water!

*Side note: I'm trying to make my blog more visually appealing so watch out for a few changes. For example, instead of simply listing out the pros/cons I designed it to look like a real list on notebook paper. I also customized our road trip map. Nothing too fancy as I'm still learning, but I really want to improve. Any thoughts or was it a waste of time? 


Tape and other paper elements from Pugly Pixel.

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

bella won't go crazy in the car for 22 hours??

Min said...

Bella LOVES car rides! When we were in Austin with her she didn't want to get out!

Rachel said...

love the additional eye candy on the blog :) keep it up!

littletulip said...

Min, we are debating over the same thing right now! Your pros and cons are exactly what Kyle and I have been debating about. We still haven't decided what we are doing. I like your graphics too, it makes your blog look polished and professional!

Spencer said...

i was wondering why there were so many pics. keep it up!

Anonymous said...

It took me a while to search on the net, only your site unfold the fully details, bookmarked and thanks again.

- Laura

Alvin said...

I remember the road trip to/from Austin two winters ago. Not fun. We didn't stop at a hotel. Just drove 23 hours straight through. It was entirely disorienting.

But have fun! Road trips = adventure!