Wednesday, April 6, 2011

On Repeat: Darling, I Do

I heard this song on an episode of "Parenthood" last night and I immediately fell in love with it. I'm not too fond of the fact that it's connected to the Shrek movies, but it's still a lovely song.



[Landon Pigg]
Golden leaves looked brown to me
The world had lost color without you 

[Lucy Schwartz]
Shapes in the sky looked plain to my eyes
The world had lost color without you 

[Both]
I know plenty of people
With eyes closed
They don't see you like I do 
Darling, I do 

[Landon Pigg]
Notes on the keys meant nothing to me 
The world didn't sing without you 

[Lucy Schwartz]
Birds in the trees fell silent for me
The world didn't sing without you
Without you, oh

[Both]
I know plenty of people
With eyes closed
They don't see you like I do 
Darling, I do 
Darling, I do see you 



Landon Pigg is the artist behind another one of my favorites, "Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop". I guess I'm a sucker for love songs.



Also, if you're looking for a new show to watch weekly, give "Parenthood" a shot. I initially started to watch the show because I wanted to support my Gilmore Girl, but I continued to look forward to each new episode because it has a dynamic cast with story lines that you can easily connect with emotionally.

1 comment:

Spencer said...

thanks for reminding me how grateful i am that gilmore girls is finally off the air and people are no longer talking about it :D