Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Single Married Wives Thanksgiving

I hope you all had a spectacular Thanksgiving! The Hubby is still in Iraq, which made this Thanksgiving more pitiful than our last minute meal last year, but I am so glad that my friends decided to get together to celebrate. We headed to the DFAC on post for a $7 Thanksgiving buffet.


 I am truly thankful for my friends here. They have made this deployment so much easier. 


There were so many Soldiers sitting by themselves, which just broke my heart. Again, so thankful I have wonderful people here to keep me company on this holiday.


I asked for "a little bit of everything," but they kept piling it on my plates. There was a lot of food wasted and I felt pretty bad. There were Soldiers in their dress blues serving the food and everyone was so polite and kind. Although at one point a Soldier asked me my name and told me that I resembled a Lieutenant they had kicked out recently.


The people at the DFAC put so much effort to make the facility nice for everyone. It was very much appreciated.




Later in the evening, I took Bella to the local high school and ran on the track. I let Bella loose because the area was gated and she went absolutely crazy darting around back and forth. I also went home and did my 30 Day Shred DVD. It is so difficult to find motivation to exercise when your warm dog looks like this about 23 hours of the day.

I know that exercising on Thanksgiving is not allowed, but The Hubby is coming home very soon and I am running out of time. The man works out twice a day and has stuck with his crazy Paleo diet. I, however, still like to eat five cookies in one sitting and use winter as an excuse to get fat.


I'm off to take a quick power nap before heading out to Target for some Black Friday shopping. A friend and I spontaneously decided to participate in this madness just to say that we did it. All I want are the last two seasons of "Weeds" on DVD. I wonder what I'll come out with...

No comments: