Thursday, February 10, 2011

Lonely Hearts Club

Look what I got in the mail today! A very sweet friend of mine (who also happens to be an Army Wife) sent me a package full of wonderful homemade treats. We're spending yet another Valentine's Day apart from our significant other this year. 

In the close to seven years we've been together, The Hubby and I have only celebrated this holiday once with one another. It's funny how long distance relationships make days like these less significant. Birthdays, anniversaries, New Years, and now even Christmas will pass by like any other day. 

But I'm so thankful to be thought of by a good friend who understands just what it's like to be grateful for even a simple phone call. 


The baked goods are absolutely delicious and I've already finished half my box of Craisin and white chocolate cookies. The brownies have a mix of Oreos, marshmallows and mint chocolates. What a brilliant combination!

Thanks for the lovely surprise, Little Tulip! It made my week :)

No comments: