Monday, November 1, 2010

Florida Day 7: Fancy Chocolate, Putt Putt and White Sands

Day 7-Friday 10/15


Don't forget to click the pictures to enlarge!

After a good night's sleep, we recovered from our trip to Disney World and were ready for our last full day together. I can't get over how beautiful the weather and beaches were in Florida. It's easy to see why lucky retirees migrate there in the winter (they are affectionately nicknamed "Snow Birds").

Pop took us to the Naples Grande Beach Resort and we used their private walkway to the beach. I thought it was funny that there was a sign saying, "Please do not feed the alligators." The Hubby hadn't shaved in at least three days by this point. He looks good scruffy, but he doesn't understand that his face feels like sand paper against my skin when he grows out his beard.


We went back to the house for lunch, but for dessert, we went to Norman Love Confections. Everything in his salon was so beautiful and it was hard to decide which chocolates to buy. It was amazing how much detail is put into each piece--almost like art. 


I chose the caramel apple and vanilla cupcake. The Hubby had butter pecan and pumpkin. Pop ate the Tahitian caramel and also chose caramel apple. We also sampled the strawberry banana and champagne. 

I was surprised by how much the chocolates actually tasted like what you would expect them to taste. The strawberry banana was like a solid smoothie. I know that doesn't sound very appetizing, but trust me. It was marvelous. I took great pleasure in letting the chocolates melt in my mouth slowly while The Hubby popped them in his mouth like M & Ms. So typical.


Nana and Pop are great golfers. After all, they basically live on a golf course. They wanted to go mini golfing, and I have to tell you that it was the most intense mini golf course we had ever seen. There were numerous waterfalls, caves and stairs. There was one hole where we had to make two separate shots before getting to the last one. 



I was downright awful at the beginning until Pop gave me a quick lesson. Then I was just fairly awful. My ball went into the water and of the course at least twice. Even so, it was a lot of fun and we had a lot of laughs. The game ended with Pop hitting his ball out of a stream of water instead of picking it up with his hand, like the general public would do. But it worked! And it was great and very memorable.


Our final score card showed that Pop kicked our butts, The Hubby was second, Nana was third, and I came in dead last. 


Up next: Goodbyes, Bruises and Another Trip to the ER

*Paper elements from Pugly Pixel

No comments: