Wednesday, November 17, 2010

An Oreo Upgrade

I'm not a huge fan of Oreo cookies. Blasphemous, I know. But last year around the holiday season I found a box of limited edition Mint Fudge Covered Oreos on clearance and they were delicious. However, they were also completely overpriced, even at 25% off. I took the recipe for Mint Thins and covered regular Oreo cookies instead of Ritz crackers like the original recipe calls for. And guess what? They taste exactly the same.


I bet this recipe would work wonderfully with graham crackers, marshmallows, Nilla wafers...The possibilities are endless. The amount of chocolate in this recipe only covered ten Oreos. I highly suggest you double it because you will be popping these cookies in your mouth every time you open the refrigerator. 


I ate one for quality assurance. It's a hard job, but somebody has got to do it.

These will be sitting pretty in the fridge, waiting for The Hubby's return.


*Paper elements from Pugly Pixel

No comments: