Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Female Crush

I have had a crush on Minka Kelly ever since I started watching "Friday Night Lights", but my crush has just developed deeper after I read her interview with Esquire Magazine for The Sexiest Woman Alive 2010. And she also inspired me to want to work out, but that only lasted for about ten minutes.


Here's an excerpt from her interview that really struck me, especially as somebody who vowed in all caps to have polite children:

All night at dinner, she goes out of her way to thank the men who bring us bread and clear our plates and change the silverware. They are mostly Mexican, I think. She does not just thank them, she pauses if she is talking, looks up at them and smiles and says, "Thank you."


"My boyfriend noticed that about me, too," she says when I point this out. "He's the same way, and he said it was a good way to judge someone's character. It's actually unfortunate, in a way, that you would notice that. It blows my mind that anyone could be unkind to anyone. The guy clearing our plates is a person. I don't care if you're sweeping the floor. I don't care if you're cleaning my toilet."


She dabs the corner of her lips with her napkin.
"Not that I have someone to clean my toilet — I clean my own toilet."

2 comments:

Spencer said...

of all the pics in the shoot you picked that one?? haha jkjk

Debbie said...

LOL at Spencer's comment.