Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Four Years of College and This is All I Get?

My good friend Tiffany (I call her Tuff for absolutely no reason at all) sent me the cutest hand drawn birthday card.
I love that she included a little cast for Bella's leg and got my bangs just right.
She asked me to make her graduation invitations for her before I left California. It was a bit of a rushed project because I was trying to finalize my move and I was also making wedding invitations. All she asked for was some specific wording and the UCSB crest and gave me full creative control.

These pictures are awful because they were taken in poor lighting. It probably would have looked nicer if I had more time. I thought I would share them anyway because the concept is clever, if I do say so myself.

The cherry blossom envelope wrap was printed from The Blah, Blah, Blahg.
What goodies were hidden inside?
I attached a quote printed on card stock to a folded paper crane with some string and a needle--suiting for a girl with half Japanese roots. My friend Rebecca helped me find the perfect quote: "Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings."
And here is the final invitation. I rounded the corners for a more finished look.
Congrats, Tuff! Your hard work paid off. Love you tons.

No comments: